The MOM 8-A is the fastest way to get all the necessary man overboard safety equipment to a victim in the water. The completely self-contained system is designed to be rail mounted to the stern of a boat providing instant deployment into the water near the victim.
The MOM-8A has single pin deployment. Located on the top of the canister is a deployment handle, which when pulled, releases the bottom of the canister and allows the inflatable devices to automatically inflate while falling into the water.
When inflated, the ballasted Locator Pylon has a 6-foot waterline height. Located on top of the pylon is a water-activated, lithium-powered, flashing light with 5 years of life. The light can be seen nearly a nautical mile under normal night conditions. The pylon has 2 SOLAS reflective panels to aid the boat’s search. Additionally, tethered to the horseshoe and the pylon is a 16″ diameter, ballasted, self-opening Sea Anchor to reduce downwind drift keeping the victim in the same position as when he went overboard.
- Military Qualified, Hermetically Sealed Vacuum Pack
- Rugged Heat Sealed Urethane Coated Nylon Construction
- Manually Triggered Water Activated Inflation System
- Fully Reversible, Easily Boarded Platform with lifelines Inside and Out
- 3 Water Ballast Drogues for added stability
- Water Activated Strobe Light
- Safety Knife
Underarm flotation device